Slotting, an integrated module of RedPrairie’s Warehouse Management and Workforce Management suites, optimizes item placement across pick faces using discrete standards for each pick task, providing a true picture of SKU slotting efficiency not found in other slotting applications. The slotting algorithm incorporates a wide selection of user-definable criteria, including product pick velocity, product family groups, and weight and size considerations. It also includes facility operational standards, ergonomics, and special storage requirements. The resulting slotting plan is integrated into facility operations like put-away and replenishment, making re-slotting seamless, with minimal disruption.
Yard Management, a stand-alone solution, extends many of the benefits derived from a warehouse management solution – like real-time control, accuracy and improved productivity – into trailer yard and docks.
Slotting makes distribution operations more efficient, safe and accurate. Timely pick face slotting with RedPrairie reduces distribution costs, increases throughput, and improves customer service through:
- Discrete standards
- Reduced pick times for quicker order fulfillment and reduced costs
- Improved facility planning
- Increased order accuracy
- Improved ergonomics and safety
- Minimized disruption through integration with facility management workflows
Slotting is a functionally-rich dynamic slotting module deployable with either RedPrairie’s Warehouse Management or Workforce Management suites. It enables improved facility planning and the most accurate and efficient pick face slotting by leveraging the discrete standards and product pick history inherent in workforce management. It includes the following capabilities:
- Standards-Based - By basing slotting decisions on the actual time it takes to complete each task based on discrete standards, the most efficient slotting plan possible is achieved.
- Pick History - Incorporates pick history in the slotting algorithm to tune slotting to real-life experiences and tailor facility / slotting plans to the company’s specific operation.
- User Variables - Permits users to specify slotting variables such as product family groups, distribution rules and special storage requirements to tailor slotting plans to company operations.
- Operations Integration - Integrates slotting execution to normal facility management workflows to enable new slotting plans to be seamlessly rolled out through put-away and replenishment operations. This minimizes any disruptions and allows slotting to be done as often as needs dictate.